i am not a koreanovela addict but sometimes i do DVD marathon and would watch the entire series in one sitting! hehe. that is if i really like what I'm watching... the last koreanovela I've watched that i liked so much was coffee prince. in fact, when i noticed that i was on the last ep already, i got sad, and i didn't want it to end anymore. i even dreamed about it the night after i finished watching it.
- Gong Yoo as Choi Han Kyul (Arthur Choi in the Philippine dub)
- Yoon Eun Hye Go Eun Chan (Andie Go in the Philippine dub)
- Lee Sun Gyun as Choi Han Seong (Errol Choi in the Philippine dub)
- Chae Jung Ahn as Han Yoo Joo (Arlene Han in the Philippine dub)
- Choi Han Kyul, played by Gong Yoo, is the cocky son of a rich family who runs a coffee franchise. He doesn't believe in love and certainly doesn't want to get married despite his family's requests. On the other hand, Go Eun Chan, played by Yoon Eun Hye, is a 24-year old tomboyish female who gets mistaken as a guy quite often. She takes up every job possible - waitress, delivery man, etc - and has the responsibility of taking care of her mother and younger sister. Eun Chan accidentally meets Han Kyul twice, once on a delivery and once during a robbery. During the robbery, Eun Chan's delivery motorcycle ends up being destroyed. Han Kyul, not knowing that Eun Chan is actually a girl, decides to hire Eun Chan as a false "lover" in exchange for money so that he can escape the blind dates arranged by his grandmother. Meanwhile, Han Kyul's cousin, Choi Han Seong, is an established music producer and his ex-girlfriend Han Yoo Joo, who Han Kyul secretly loved for nine years, is a famous artist who studied in New York. The two were lovers for about 8 years but their relationship ended when Yoo Joo broke up with Han Seong. Two years after they separated their paths cross again when Yoo Joo returned to Seoul.
- After getting an ultimatum from his grandmother, Han Kyul takes over their newly bought coffee shop, which was later named Coffee Prince, to prove his ability, both to his grandmother and Yoo Joo. In order to attract female customers, he only hires good looking male employees. In a struggle with money, Eun Chan, whom Han Kyul has already mistaken as a boy, hides her gender identity to get a job at Coffee Prince. Soon the feelings start to spark between Eun Chan and Han Kyul. Despite not knowing Eun Chan was a girl, Han Kyul starts to question his sexuality and decided to see a psychiatrist.
COFFEE PRINCE "THIS GUY IS IN LOVE WITH YOU PARE"
COFFEE PRINCE "TULOY pA RIN"
what i liked about this telenovela, it was super kilig. :)
i like you.
whether you're a man or an alien
i don't care anymore.
i tried getting rid of my feelings
but i couldn't.
so let's go...
as far as we can go.
let's give it a try.
Han Kyul on Eun Chan (below pic)
this picture above was the part episode when Han kyul decided to "go for it". he drove back to the coffee shop, he knew that Eun Chan was still there. then he kissed her, then Eun Chan kissed back, that was the one of the scenes that i liked the most ...when Han kyul stopped resisting his feelings for eun chan. imagine, he did that even after thingking that Eun Chan was also a guy. that is A LOT
for a guy to do. and it takes so much courage to face up to the fact that he is falling in love with someone of the same sex.. lucky him Eun Chan is really a girl. haha. i kept thinking of this even after a few days after watching it, especially the night right after.. i told my friend Erin about it, hehe. i asked her where can we find a guy like him in this world? hehe. i am not even sure if a guy like him exists... or is it only on TV?
don't they looked so inlove? lol. :) i'm crazy
these pictures were taken from the last Episode where
Eun Chan went back from studying abroad.
by the way, I'll be putting some episode links there on the side bar just in case you might want to see it also. try it it's really cute. i hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did. hopefully we'll get all the episodes linked here very soon.
thanks for reading!